I was informed over the weekend that one of my photographs (an image uploaded to flickr, deviantART and lookbook) was recently stolen by a big clothing company and is now being sold on shirts in Europe.
This is the shirt
The company in question is RESERVED. You can click the link and go to their website. They have many shirts listed there but mysteriously enough, the shirt that has the ripped photograph on it is not listed. Perhaps on purpose? Quite possible.
If you live in Europe or anywhere that there is a reserved store near you (you can find a store locator on the site) I would love it if you could go in and see if they are selling the shirt. I cannot find out for myself since I am located in the United States. If you spot this shirt, I'd love if you could take a camera phone/other picture and email it to me at the email address listed on the sidebar! If you can, I'd love to know the shops location and how much they are selling it for, too.
I do not intend on suing them yet as I hope they will resolve this by giving me credit and compensation before we have to take it there, but the company that owns the store has not yet responded to my email inquiring about the image theft. I will be sure to keep you updated on what happens!
Everyone should be on the lookout as your own image posted to the blogosphere/lookbook/ANYWHERE can easily be victim of this type of theft. I'm guessing they hired a designer who didn't think I'd ever see the image being in the United States and all... but who really knows. I'm just hoping this can all be settled in a civil manner!
xoxo,
Rockie
0 comments:
Post a comment on: IMAGE THEFT by a popular store, wanna help?